Temple City is pleased to offer electronic plan check as an optional service for our customers. Electronic plan check allows all plan review, commenting, markup, and corrections to occur electronically. This saves time, paper, and trips to City Hall. There is no additional charge to use electronic plan check.
Please read all information on this page, including the linked documents below, before submitting your plans online.
Prior to submitting your plans online, the following must be completed:
1. Plans must be approved by Planning, please use this portal.
2. A plan check application must be submitted to the Building Division on the type of application to be submitted, what additional materials need to be submitted (such as plans or studies), and the fees. Contact at: email@example.com or (626) 285-0488. A list of applications can be found here. To make sure your plans are complete and your application is not delayed, review this checklist.
3. Plan check fees must be paid in full.
I. Plan check and permit fees (except encroachment permits) are 120% of the fees established by the County of Los Angeles. County fees are available on the L.A. County Department of Public Works website.
Online fee estimator: The online fee estimator can be used to estimate plan check fees, permit fees, and certain development fees for all types projects and permits (except encroachment permits). Go to online fee estimator
Encroachment permit fees are as established in the City fee schedule.
Steps to Submit:
1. Check with the Building Division on the type of application to submit, what additional materials need to be submitted (such as plans or studies), and the fees. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 285-0488. A list of applications can be found here. To make sure your plans are complete and your application is not delayed, review this checklist.
2. Submit online by visiting the building submittal portals.
· If the fees are less than $2,000, you can pay the fees online and use this portal.
· If the fees are more than $2,000, you can submit your plans online at this portal and mail your payment to the City. Our address is:
Temple City, City Hall
c/o Online Building Submittal
9701 Las Tunas Drive
Temple City, CA 91780
Temple City contracts with Transtech for plan check services. While over-the-counter plan check is available for some minor improvements, most projects must be submitted for plan check. All plans must be submitted electronically. Please note that electronic plan check utilizes e-PlanSoft cloud-based software. In order to use electronic plan check, you will be required to create a free e-PlanSoft account.
1. Check the Plan Review Guidelines, here.
2. Review the Step by Step Guidelines to Submitting Your Plans Electronically, here.