Animal Control & Licenses

Dog Licenses

All dogs in Temple City must be licensed. More information >

Stray & Deceased Animals

To report a stray, injured, or deceased animal, please call (626) 285-7187 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.

After 6 p.m. on weekdays or any time on weekends or holidays, please contact the Sheriff's Department Temple Station at (626) 285-7171.

Animal control and shelter services in Temple City are provided by the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society under contract with the City.

Trapping Wild & Feral Animals

Residents wishing to trap feral cats and other wild, stray, or feral animals on their property must first obtain a permit from the San Gabriel Valley Humane Society and must follow the trapping guidelines. Trapped animals will not be picked up without a trapping permit. Persons trapping animals without a permit may be cited.

Coyote Safety

Coyote sightings in urban areas such as Temple City are normal, but there are steps you can take to reduce your interaction with coyotes and to protect yourself, your family, and your pets. More information >